Saturday, March 30, 2013

Hwy. 80 and Ellis

As you travel down Hwy. 80 toward Clinton, you will notice that some of the traffic boxes are on your right, and others are on the left. When I was photographing these, I actually went all the way down 80 to Clinton and then came back to hit the ones on the other side of the street. But for continuity's sake, I will post these in the order you see them as you travel west on 80.

This one is on the corner of Hwy. 80 and Ellis. At one time, this was a very busy intersection. Sack & Save was up the hill on this corner (and later, also a Wal-Mart), and many of the area's popular restaurants were located here. Now it is considerably less congested, but still a relatively well-traveled intersection.

It's unsigned, but as far as I can tell this box is finished. It features a bird-like creature on one side that reminds me of a woodpecker, and a goldfish - at least I assume it's a goldfish - on the other side. I love the sharp lines the artist uses here, and the yellow is a stark contrast to the muted tones in the background. It definitely adds an eye-catching pop of color to this corner.







No comments:

Post a Comment