Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Pearl and Mill - Jason Triplett aka Ming Donkey

I knew it. I knew that I had somehow missed a couple of boxes. I thought I had heard or seen something about Ming Donkey's box, but I never found it the first time I went "hunting." If only I had gone a little farther down Pearl or Pascagoula, I would've found two more. I feel like I keep saying, "This one is my favorite," but seriously - so many of these are my favorites. I've admired Jason's work for a while now. He creates characters that get stuck in your brain, like the workers, and incorporates words or phrases into his pieces that enhance the imagery. Jason also performs music as Ming Donkey - like so many of these artists, he is multi-talented.

To my credit, this box is not as easy to find as the others. It is nestled into the brick wall at the railroad overpass behind the parking garage for the King Edward hotel. And it is glorious! Another message about working together for the greater good.




No comments:

Post a Comment